1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? knit socks, got drunk, found out that making socks while drunk doesn't work
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any for 2006, but I am for 2007.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Eleanor was born, but that's not family or anything.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? Americkuh
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? endless yarn, a yard for Topper, and a horizontal drivers license.
7. What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 13, the day we got Topper, August 17th, the day I got Audrey, March 23, the mad rush from one apartment to another.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting over my anxiety disorder
9. What was your biggest failure? classics
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? nothing serious
11. What was the best thing you bought? a puppy and a kitten
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Frannie, for kicking her meth problems.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Britney Spears
14. Where did most of your money go? bills and yarn
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? babysitting
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? something goofy like Fergalicious probably
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? chubasaurus, but working on it big time
iii. richer or poorer? same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? more friends, more meeting new people
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? crying
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it with my mom and then Michael's fanily.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006? Over and over.
23. How many one-night stands? zero, but one 28-month stand is ongoing
24. What was your favorite TV program? HOUSSSSE omg
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I'm not big on hate, but there is one person that makes me violently ill to think about.
26. What was the best book you read? I think I read the Virgin Suicides last year, but that was so good I can't really consider anything since then "reading".
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Sean Lennon
28. What did you want and get? yarn, knitting time, a puppy and a kitten
29. What did you want and not get? a yard, but that's coming soon
30. What was your favorite film of this year? totally Little Miss Sunshine
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 20 and went to dinner with my parents and Michael
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? a million dollars
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? skinny jeans, long t-shirts with silly patterns, flats
34. What kept you sane? my mommy.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ed Norton, Nicole Richie (odd combo)
36. What political issue stirred you the most? midterm elections
37. Who did you miss? Laura, the dynamic between me, Kevin and Casey senior year.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Patricia, totally.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: People will believe what they want to believe, despite all logic and facts pointing the other way. Friendships that died did so for a reason, and they don't need to be tried again.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "she comes home late with another screw loose, she swears to have had just a pineapple juice, falls asleep fully clothed in her bed, with her makeup remover by her head, she might not be all there, but her dream's all vanity fair"