1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Noro (Kureyon, Silk Garden mostly), Cherry Tree Hill supersock, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, anything alpaca or wool. I like animal fibers the best, but I'm not completely opposed to acryllic, as long as it's soft.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I just got a beautiful needle holder that somehow holds everything. It's silk, white and teal, with embroidery, and I love it.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself how to knit over the summer of 2005. I caught on pretty quick, and I'd say I'm somwhere between intermediate and advanced. The only thing I haven't really done is colorwork. I'll be diving into that pretty soon though.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like 'clean' smells that aren't too powdery or flowery. Examples: anything with "rain" or "air" in the name or citrus smells.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have several sweet teeth. :) I like Toblerone quite a bit, and I have a weak spot for tangy, sour things, including sour punch straws and smarties.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am working on cross-stitch, but I don't really like it so far. I journal and paint occasionally. I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My musical tastes are pretty random. I like classics, such as John Lennon, the Beatles, Bill Withers and Ella Fitzgerald; some indie bands, such as the Shins, the Postal Service, Rilo Kiley, and old Belle & Sebastian; and finally, weird things like the Hello Dolly Soundtrack and Threepenny Opera. My computer and car stereo can both play cds.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My absolute favorite is pink. I like it enough to have a hot pink car. I love every color though, and I like changing things up colorwise between projects.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend, Michael, my two cats, Emo and Audrey (both brown tabbies, 5 years and 4 months, respectively), and our ever-growing black lab puppy, Topper (5 months).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, and occasionally mittens if I can find them. I don't do hats or ponchos, especially ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I am developing a great love affair with the sock.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of jaywalkers (almost done! must...keep...going!)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love it.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like bamboo and aluminum needles best, Clovers are my favorites. I like circulars and straights both.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No. I'm hoping for one this christmas though.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
This is embarassing...I have a Picovoli tee on the needles that has been sitting in my knitting basket since July.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Shoes and yarn.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I want to get a pair of Addi Naturas at some point, but I don't know what size or length. I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm about to start learning colorwork.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I'm a straight-up size 9 (US womens). I can take actualy measurements if you need me to.
23. When is your birthday? September 12